We read at the Mint Gallery along with two local readers and two bands, to benefit the nascent Atlanta Zine Library.
- The gallery was super cute, and the event coordinator, Amanda Mills, was very gracious. Please send her some zines.
- Celia’s family and some local friends were in attendance
- On the way there from New Orleans we ate what I’m referring to as “Alabama tapas” at a strip mall cafe. Advice to traveling veg*ans: you can often get three sides of vegetable (mostly) dishes, when there are few veg-friendly options. Our sides all came in their own dish, so the table was crowded with yam sticks, lima beans, grilled vegetables, green salad, and steamed broccoli
- three of us stayed at the C7 community warehouse infoshop afterward, which was a fascinating experience. Man, those hackers and slackers smoke a lot of cigarettes!
- yummylicious breakfast at Ria’s Bluebird (watch out, the site makes music)
- tofu scramble means something different in the south than it does in the north.
- my first long drive in the zine mobile (7 hours, and we lost an hour going from the central to the eastern time zone), was quite enjoyable